Monday, March 17, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Three by Kristen Simmons

TITLE:  Three
AUTHOR: Kristen Simmons
FIRST PUBLISHED: February 11th, 2014
GENRE: YA, Distopian
SERIES: Article 5, Book 3.
RATING: 4 out of 5 stars

Ember Miller and Chase Jennings are ready to stop running. After weeks spent in hiding as two of the Bureau of Reformation’s most wanted criminals, they have finally arrived at the safe house, where they hope to live a safe and quiet existence.

And all that’s left is smoking ruins.

Devastated by the demolition of their last hope, Ember and Chase follow the only thing left to them—tracks leading away from the wreckage. The only sign that there may have been survivors.

With their high profile, they know they can’t stay out in the open for long. They take shelter in the wilderness and amidst the ruins of abandoned cities as they follow the tracks down the coast, eventually finding refugees from the destroyed safe house. Among them is someone from Chase’s past—someone he never thought he’d see again.

Banding together, they search for a place to hide, aiming for a settlement a few of them have heard about…a settlement that is rumored to house the nebulous organization known as Three. The very group that has provided Ember with a tiny ray of hope ever since she was first forced on the run.

Three is responsible for the huge network of underground safe houses and resistance groups across the country. And they may offer Ember her only chance at telling the world her story.

At fighting back.



 My Review

When I started reading Three I had no idea what was happening. Because I read the previous book almost a year ago, I didn't remember a thing that happened. So, the first 20 or so pages of this book were kind of confusing. But then I started remembering this from the past and remembered what happened the last time I read about Ember and Chase.

To be honest, I didn't like most of Three. There weren't scenes that took my breath away or kept me at the edge of my seat. I felt betreyed a little bit, because from what i've read in the previous two books, I know how brilliantly Kristen Simmons' mind works.

I couldn't connect too much with Ember and Chase. I didn't feel most of the things that they did. At one point, even if they died I wouldn't have cared much. But then, came the last 100 pages of Three. And let me tell you, those were good. Like really good. If it weren't for those, the rating would have been lower by a lot.

The story started twisting and I even didn't think that Kristen could solve everything in those last 100 pages the way I wanted it, and I was scared for the characters, especially Chase. In those moments I remembered why I love Kristen Simmons' writing so much.

I loved how Simmons threw in a few surprises like the identity of Three, and someone from Chase's background that he didn't think he would ever see again. I think one of the best things about Three was that even though Ember and Chase are the main characters, Sean, Rebecca, Billy, and others are not left out of the loop.

I am glad that Three ended the way I wanted it to end. I am so happy that I had this awesome opportunity to read this amazing trilogy that left me so many good memories (especially the first book). I just can't wait to see what's the next thing that Kristen Simmons writes.

4 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

Shafira Aulia said...

"Thank you for nice information
Please visit our website unimuda and uhamka"

Lokasi UMJ said...

Good!